Monday, November 11, 2013

Catching up on the past month

  Hello Everyone!!
  Sorry I haven't posted for a whole month!!
  This post will be of all the random pictures I've taken in the past month to kinda catch you up on whats been happening.
  Probably the biggest news is something that ya'll have already heard, I'm pregnant!!!  :)  We will be a family of three in June :)  We are Sooo excited!!!



                            Jaylon sold his truck and we bought a Chevy Malibu car

                                   



A few weeks ago I rode with Jaylon while he was disking a field in the dark


           The past month they've been harvesting the corn, I got to ride with Jaylon in the tractor a few times.  The one time the neighbors in the field beside us were harvesting too and they had quite the lineup of semis lol.      

           They just finished corn harvest last week, so Jaylons been busy spreading chicken manure, seed, and fertilizer on the fields.

         
           Can you see the dust whirlwind??  Sorry the picture isn't so great it was taken from inside the tractor.  We see at least a few of these a day.

                              Last week we got a little rain shower!  Afterwards there was this beautiful rainbow.
             
                          Here is a pretty sunset we had the other week :)  Seems like we get alot of these out here :)



                Last week Jaylon had a big project of putting our computer together.  Instead of buying a computer already put together he just bought all the parts and pieced it together himself for half the price.  It looked confusing to me but he had it all together in two hours.  I was pretty proud of him ;)     sorry the pic is kinda dark


                                These are the two little projects I did around the house this past month.  The first one is a little coffee and tea station I set up, I like the look of the mugs hanging on the wall :)

                             My second project was sewing this curtain for my laundry room table, now I can hide the baskets of dirty clothes under there :)


The other day I was walking under the pecan trees and noticed there was pecans all over the ground, I've been waiting for the pecan trees to start dropping their pecans :) Bandit kept trying to eat the pecans he'd find lol

                                          I got a big bowlful, and there will probably be more in the weeks to come :)


                            A perfect pecan :)  It was harder to shell pecans than I thought lol it takes awhile.

                                 This is what happens to your flip flops after tromping through the grass under the pecan trees lol they got full of burrs, this happens alot lol ;)

                         I was so excited to see my three little maple trees are turning colors!  There's not very many trees out here and I miss seeing the colorful fall leaves






Well I hope ya'll enjoyed this little update of the past month :) Have a wonderful week!


HANNAH



5 comments:

  1. Wow! Loved all the pics. I love how you make your house a home! So proud of you! You should make a pecan pie for thanksgiving. Love ya! Marmy

    ReplyDelete
  2. You're little homey touches are so nice! Good job on the table skirt!
    Congratulations on your exciting news!! Maybe I'll get to share a birthday with the little Strite! :D

    ~Kaitlyn

    ReplyDelete
  3. Congrats Hannah and Jaylon! :)
    I enjoyed all the pics especially the rainbow one!!!
    The table skirt looks great...I remember that fabric-must be from PA! haha

    ReplyDelete
  4. Oh yes..fresh Pecan Pie for Thanksgiving!
    Your trees are pretty!
    The new car is nice. "Family" car just in time for baby!
    I already Congratulated you...but, just for the record. Congrats!

    ReplyDelete
  5. Congratulations Jaylon & Hannah! Pictures of the rainbow and sunset are very pretty!

    ReplyDelete