Saturday, January 9, 2016

Fun in the Snow!!

  Hello Everyone!!
  Today we headed up to the Chiricahua Mountains with all the Strite family to go Tubing in the snow!  We had So much fun!

Kyle and Uriah warming up by the fire and eating cookies :)


Driving back down the Mountain...



-------------------------

Two days ago we got snow at our house!!  It was pretty exciting :) It wasn't near as much as what was in the Mountains today, but it was still snow :)

It was neat to wake up the next morning and see everything dusted with snow...

The next morning after it had snowed we had to drive into town, and we drove through an area where there was about three inches of snow! 


Sorry about all the pictures of snow, but when you live in Arizona you get excited when you see snow :)


--------------------------------------

Jaylon has still been busy in the fields lately :) but a few days ago we got a 1/2 inch of rain right before we got snow.  So he's had a break from field work the past few days and has just been catching up on some other work that needs done around the farm, shop work, and some tractor maintenance...
He took these pictures last week when he was loading Oat Seed from the bin into the semi...


Then he drives the semi back over to the farm, loads the Oat Seed in the spreader, and then spreads the Oat seed onto the fields :)


------------------------------------


About two weeks ago I saw this roadrunner out in my front yard.  So I snuck outside to take a picture of him.  I couldn't believe that he let me walk Right up to him!  I was literally standing beside him in this picture.  


 Then he took off to the front porch..

Eventually he took off running back out to the field...  But ever since that day, I have been seeing him randomly around the house at least every other day.  And then a few days ago he jumped up on the kitchen windowsill and was looking in the window at me and going peck peck on the window, and then he took off...  A little strange haha, I guess I have a new pet for the back yard haha ;)






HANNAH

2 comments:

  1. The snow pictures are beautiful! I guess Kyle loved playing in the snow! I like your new pet! Maybe you'll find baby roadrunners some day.....
    Marmy

    ReplyDelete
  2. Beautiful snow!! You aren't the only one who gets excited about seeing snow, even living here in Pa. I always like to see it before any plows go & it starts to get dirty. It always reminds me of the song "White Than The Snow." Aunt Carol

    ReplyDelete