Thursday, August 1, 2013

A hot afternoon in July...

 Yesterday afternoon I decided to go out for a quad ride.  Before heading out the door I grabbed my new camera hoping to get some candid shots.  My sweet husband got me a camera for an early anniversary gift :)
 It was a very hot afternoon as I started up the quad and sped off. (I forgot to check if the quad had enough gas before I left, I would regret this later lol)
 I had fun taking pictures while out on my ride, so enjoy :)

  It was quite humid outside, and there was a storm rolling in from the east....






   one of the trails I rode on...
   looks like a deer was going down this trail too :)

  Mesquite tree
  The mesquite trees are loaded with beans right now...


  There is pretty poppies growing everywhere :)


    Soo right after taking pictures of the poppies I was driving back down the trail when all the sudden the quad quit on me.  I couldn't believe it, I checked the gas tank and sure enough, out of gas.  I was still quite a ways from home, and there was a storm coming in the distance.  So I started walking....I eventually made it back home, put the gas can in the truck and drove out to the quad.  After filling the quad I had to drive the truck all the way back to the house then I had to make the long walk back to the quad....



         Well once I finally got the quad home I walked out to check on my garden.. The rest of my sunflowers bloomed :)
               And I got my first carrots out of the garden :)
   Well the storm never did reach us it changed direction and moved away from us.  But this morning its been raining all morning off and on :)

  Well hope you enjoyed this post :) Have a great day!


HANNAH

4 comments:

  1. Enjoyed seeing the pictures. Your camera does a great job. Sorry to hear you ran out of gas. Thankful you made it safely back home again. Your sunflowers are beautiful! Love you.
    Grandma & Grandpa

    ReplyDelete
  2. well what an exciting day! you take after dad....he ran out of gas a few times in his life. haha glad you didnt meet up with any wild animals or snakes!
    nice pictures!
    love
    mom

    ReplyDelete
  3. LOVE THE PICS!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! WHAT HAPPENED TO THAT FIRST CARROT!!!! Nice going Hannah! Can't WAIT to see you again!!!!! love ya!!!!
    your sis Faith ;0)

    P.S. 14 more days!!!!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Your camera takes great pictures!! :) Looks like you had fun!

    ReplyDelete