Sunday, November 22, 2015

A Peek Into Our Week!

  Hello Everyone!!
  Hope you enjoy getting a little peek into what we've been up to the past week!

  We have been having some very cold days lately!  The one day about a week ago when we got rain down here in the valley, it snowed up on the mountains!  The mountains don't usually get snow this early in the winter and we don't usually get this cool of weather this early.  But it has started to warm back up the last few days, thankfully :)

-----------------------------

Jaylon, Joshua, Micah, and Justin decided to turn all their deer meat into jerky.  So the other night we all got together and got all the deer meat ground up and ready to turn into jerky.

Cutting all the fat off the meat before grinding it up....



Kyle had fun playing Lego's with his cousins while we were cutting and grinding up the meat :)

 -----------------------------------


Yesterday Me, Jenny, Joshua, Jesse, and Jared butchered 21 chickens!  It was a new experience for me since it was my first time butchering chickens :)


Poor chickens awaiting their fate haha.  We kept the chickens in the bed of the truck until we were ready to butcher them....

Joshua and Jared getting ready to kill the first chicken....


Kyle playing ball while we were butchering.  His new favorite thing is to throw balls and he started saying 'ball'  :)

---------------------------------------

When you drive through Tombstone chances are pretty high that your going to drive past a stagecoach :) 
I drove past two stagecoach's when I was driving through Tombstone on my way to town the other day....


Kyle was excited to see these reindeer in front of Walmart...
He loves seeing all the Christmas decorations in the stores, his favorite is snowmen :)



Kyle fell asleep on my back in his carrier while we were grocery shopping....
 I just had to snap a picture, he looked so cute.....


Kyle gets excited when Daddy parks the tractor by the house :)

---------------------------------------

Jaylon and Micah have been busy working in the fields.  The other day they decided to both Vertical Till the same field together for a few hours, just for fun :) Its something they've never done before because they always work in separate fields...


They had alot of fun :)






Jaylon has also been busy spreading chicken manure and fertilizer in the fields....

HANNAH

2 comments:

  1. Wow! I'm proud of ya Hannah butchering those chickens!! I skinned daddy's deer and butchered it by myself haha! Kyle looks so cute! Is is fair for a guy to have so much fun when he's supposed to be working?! ;o)
    Love
    Marmy

    ReplyDelete
  2. I'm impressed, Hannah w/ you butchering chickens. I only ever did one in my life---& NEVER AGAIN!! I was on the phone w/ Ron's Mom trying to tell me how to do it-what a stinky job! You all will have lots of deer jerky to munch on. :-) Thanks for sharing. Aunt Carol

    ReplyDelete